Here's the fastest ... the easiest ... in fact the only way I know to sell your book to a major NYC publisher for a 5-figure advance!
Technical Writing: Structure, Standards, and Style. McGraw-Hill. With Gary Blake.
How To Promote Your Own Business. New American Library. With Gary Blake.
A Dictionary of Computer Words. Banbury.
Ronald's Dumb Computer. Banbury.
Computers: Cookies, Marbles, and Games. Banbury.
Computers: PASCAL, Pac-Man, and Pong. Banbury.
The Personal Computer in Advertising. Banbury.
The IBM Guide to Choosing Business Software (ghostwriter). IBM/Banbury.
Dream Jobs: A Guide to Tomorrow's Top Careers. John Wiley. With Gary Blake.
Creative Careers: Real Jobs in Glamour Fields. John Wiley. With Gary Blake.
Out on Your Own: From Corporate to Self Employment. John Wiley. With Gary Blake.
Create the Perfect Sales Piece. John Wiley.
Information Hotline USA. New American Library. With Amy Bly.
Direct Mail Profits. Asher Gallant.
Ads That Sell. Asher Gallant.
The Copywriter's Handbook. Henry Holt.
Secrets of a Freelance Writer. Henry Holt.
Selling Your Services: How to Get More Clients to Hire You (or Your Firm). Henry Holt.
The Elements of Business Writing. Macmillan. With Gary Blake.
The Elements of Technical Writing. Macmillan. With Gary Blake.
Business-to-Business Direct Marketing. NTC Business Books.
The Advertising Manager's Handbook. Prentice Hall.
Keeping Clients Satisfied. Prentice Hall.
Targeted Public Relations. Henry Holt.
How to Sell Your Home, Coop, or Condo. With Amy Bly. Consumer Reports.
The Perfect Sales Piece, 2nd Edition. John Wiley.
Comic Book Hero: The Ultimate Superhero Quiz Book. Carol Publishing.
The Ultimate Unauthorized Star Trek Quiz Book. HarperCollins.
Power-Packed Direct Mail. Henry Holt (new edition of #14). (Cynthia Vartan)
Careers for Writers. VGM.
101 Ways to Make Every Second Count. Career Press.
Successful Telephone Selling. Henry Holt.
Why You Should Never Beam Down in a Red Shirt (and answers to 750 Other Star Trek Questions). HarperCollins.
Secrets of a Freelance Writer: How to Make $100,000 a Year, 2nd Edition. Henry Holt.
Business-to-Business Direct Marketing, 2nd Edition. NTC Business Books.
The Elements of Copywriting. Macmillan. With Gary Blake.
What's Your Frasier IQ?. Carol.
Start and Run a Successful Mail Order Business. Self-Counsel.
How to Get Your Book Published. Roblin Press.
Write More, Sell More. Writer's Digest Books.
Quick Tips for Better Business-to-Business Marketing Communications. Business Marketing Association.
The Ultimate Unauthorized Stephen King Quiz Book. Kensington.
The Advertising Manager's Handbook, Revised and Expanded 2nd Edition. Prentice Hall.
The "I Hate Kathie Lee Gifford" Book. Kensington. With Gary Blake.
The Lead Generation Handbook. Amacom.
The Encyclopedia of Modern Business Letters. Career Press.
The Six-Figure Consultant. Dearborne.
Doing the Right Thing: Ethics in the Workplace. AMI.
Internet Direct Mail (with Steve Roberts and Michelle Feit). NTC.
Getting Started in Speaking, Training, or Seminar Consulting. John Wiley & Sons.
PR for Dummies. With Eric Yaverbaum. IDG.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Direct Marketing. Macmillan.
Become a Recognized Authority in Your Field. Macmillan.
Online Copywriter's Handbook. NTC.
Count Your Blessings. Thomas Nelson.
Fool-Proof Marketing. Wiley.
Career for Writers, Second Edition. VGM.
Webster's New World Letter Writing Handbook. Wiley.
Leadership Secrets of the World's Most Successful CEOs. Ghostwriten with Eric Yaverbaum. Dearborn.
Bob Bly's Guide to Freelance Writing Success. Filbert.
Business Lunchatations with Beau Dietl, Penguin.
The Science in Science Fiction. BenBella.
Magnetic Selling. Amacom.
Getting Started as a Freelance Writer. Sentient.
Better than Ever, Agora Health Books. With John Byington.
The White Paper Marketing Handbook. Racom.
The Copywriter's Handbook: Second Edition. Henry Holt.
Bly on Direct Marketing. Merit Direct Press.
Secrets of a Freelance Writer, Third Edition. Holt.
Blog, Shmog. Thomas Nelson.
All-American Frank. Publish America.
Getting Started as a Freelance Writer, Second Edition. Sentinel.
Persuasive Presentations for Business. Entrepreneur.
88 Money Making Writing Jobs. Sourcebook.
Words You Should Know to Make You Sound Smart. Adams. Forthcoming.
Irresistible Offers. AWAI. Forthcoming.
Marketing Plans. Entrepreneur Press. Forthcoming.
"What's your platform?"
The first time a publisher asked me this, I was stunned.
Stunned because I'd never heard of a "platform" before - at least not one that had anything to do with book publishing.
But when the publisher rejected my book proposal, I learned about platforms -and their vital role in getting your book published -- fast.
So ... what is a platform?
And why do you need one?
A platform is a combination of your reputation as a recognized expert in your field or niche PLUS your ability to reach a large audience of loyal fans, readers, and buyers.
Today, whether an author has a strong, sizeable platform is the #1 factor deciding whether a publisher offers you a book deal ... or sends your book proposal back to you with a form rejection letter.
For instance, the acquisitions editor from a major business book publisher recently sent my literary agent an e-mail saying, “I need to alert you that I’ve been asked to only consider prospective authors with social, e-mail, and direct outreach of 100,000 to 250,000 or more readers.”
That means unless you have a blog, e-newsletter, or other media outlet that reaches at least 100,000 potential buyers for business books, she won’t even look at your book proposal!
So if you want to become a published book author - and a top guru in your industry or niche - there's no doubt about it: you need a platform.
Why you can't survive as a writer or author today without a proven platform....
When I started writing books back in 1981, you didn't need a platform to get a contract from one of the major book publishers.
I happily published dozens of books with McGraw-Hill, John Wiley & Sons, Prentice Hall, and others - without once hearing the word "platform" from an editor or an agent.
The reason you didn't need a platform was, back then, the publisher expected to do the bulk of the marketing and promotion for your book - and they typically didn't do much.
But today, publishers realize we live in a connected, wired, networked world.
As a result, they only work with authors who come with a built-in fan base ... a large audience of loyal readers eager and willing to buy your next work.
So if you want to write books and get them published by traditional publishers, you must have a platform - no ifs, ands, or buts.
Build a platform that knocks publishers' sock off!
Now, in my e-book, Platform Building for Authors and Information Marketers, I share with you the same field-proven formula I used to build a large and credible platform - responsible for helping me sell my last 3 dozen or so books -- in record time.
In this book, you will discover:
- A proven formula for building a big platform fast. Page 5.
- 6 great opportunities for expanding your platform as a public seminar leader. Page 91.
- How to get organizations to invite you to speak at their events and promote you as a top expert to their members. Page 69.
- The 4 phases of platform development and management - and how to manage each. Page 18.
- Does every information marketer, writer, speaker, or consultant need a platform? Answer on page 7.
- Establishing a platform online by creating a content-rich Web site on your topic or area of expertise. Page 135.
- 8 ways to turn free speaking engagements into platform-building, profit-making opportunities for you. Page 72.
- How to gain a sustainable advantage over your fiercest competitors. Page 8.
- Building your personal "brand" and becoming a thought leader in your field. Page 10.
- Choosing a memorable domain name - and how to buy it cheap. Page 136.
- Best months of the year - and days of the week - for holding public seminars. Page 101.
- 10 steps to making more persuasive and memorable presentations. Page 76.
- Choosing the right niche for your writing, publishing, speaking, consulting, and information empire. Page 12.
- Using the "green sheet" method for turning as many as 3 out of 4 attendees at your speeches and seminars into fans and prospects. Page 83.
- 9 simple steps to building a winning platform on a limited budget. Page 17.
- The "Rule of 7" for creating name recognition and top-of-mind awareness in your target market. Page 20.
- Get famous by writing how-to articles for magazines and newspapers. Page 22.
- 25 ways to profit and promote yourself with public seminars. Page 105.
- How to make friends with editors so that they will want to help make you famous. Page 25.
- The most overlooked opportunity to promote yourself as a thought leader in your field. Takes minutes and costs you not a dime. Page 113.
- 12 things every expert must have on her Web site to build a strong platform online. Page 138.
- An easy, foolproof way for finding out exactly what kind of stories magazine editors are looking for. Page 29.
- Generate massive traffic to your site by writing and distributing your articles on the Internet. Page 35.
- Become a recognized expert in your subject or topic by creating and selling information products online. Page 39.
- Enhancing your Web site with articles ... reports ... e-books ... interviews ... audios... videos ... surveys ... blogs ... forums ... and other great content. Starts on page 143.
- How to write press releases that get you wide coverage in national print and broadcast media. Page 115.
- How to write and sell tip sheets ... booklets ... special reports ... manuals ... audio CDs ... DVDs ... newsletters ... and other how-to content. Starts on page 42.
- 5 direct marketing tips that can multiply sales of your books, tapes, and other information products. Page 46.
- Get famous with low-cost/no-cost PR campaigns. No need to hire a pricey PR agency or personal publicist. Page 109.
- Pricing your information products for maximum sales and revenues. Page 50.
- Strengthen your credibility with online testimonials. Page 151.
- 6 simple steps to booking yourself on local and national TV shows. Page 133.
- Get the media to call you for quotes and interviews with a "pitch letter." Page 122.
- Drive more "organic" traffic to your Web site with search engine optimization. Page 154.
- The 11 groups of people who must get your newsletter for maximum visibility in your niche. Page 55.
- Build a loyal following by writing and publishing a free or paid newsletter on your topic. Page 52.
- 7 ways to boost your career -- and increase your earnings -- by building a rock-solid platform. Page 162.
- How best-selling author and top professional speaker Jeff Davidson built his platform with simple how-to "list" articles. Page 164.
- 29 great ideas for articles you can include in your marketing newsletter. Page 60.
- Accelerate your reputation and credibility - and make good money, too - as a syndicated columnist. Page 124.
- 7 advantages of publishing an online newsletter or "e-zine" instead of a more costly printed newsletter. Page 65.
- Why everyone who wants to be a leader in their industry should become adept at public speaking. Page 68.
- 6 traps to avoid when giving PowerPoint presentations. Page 84.
- Strengthen your platform and guru status by promoting and giving public seminars. Page 88.
- 4 steps to building a powerful, sales-boosting platform in as little as 90 days. Page 160.
- What the world's fastest-talking woman can teach you about instantly catapulting yourself to fame and fortune. Page 110.
- 8 tips for getting the most out of being interviewed on talk radio shows. Page 132.
- Plus: Recommended books ... directories ... vendors ... sample press releases ... model letters ... seminar materials ... e-zines ... Action Plan worksheet ... and so much more. Starts on page 168.
Act now and save $30
My friends and colleagues in book publishing and writing may blow their stacks when they see how fast and easy I've made it for you to build the big platform you need to get your book published.
It takes many authors months or even years to build their platforms - and even then, these platforms aren't solid enough to bring in a book contract.
With Platform Building for Authors, you have a step-by-step formula for building a platform that's twice as strong in half the time!
The list price of the Platform Building for Authors and Information Marketers is $59, and that's the price it will sell for when I announce it all over the Internet later this year.
But order now, and you pay only $29 - a $30 savings off the regular rate - less than I charge for just 5 minutes of my time.
And that's your investment only if the book helps you actually build a platform strong enough to impress the big publishing houses!
If it doesn't, your cost is zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.
Use it risk-free for 90 days
If after applying my proven formula, you don't agree that you're well on your way to building a dynamite platform - and establishing yourself as a guru in your field ...
Or you are not 100% satisfied for any other reason ... or for no reason at all ...
Just let me know within 90 days for a full and prompt refund. And whatever you decide, keep the e-book free with my compliments.
That way, you risk nothing.
How my platform made me a quick $66,000
With Platform Building for Authors, you can build the platform today's publishers demand, so they'll say "yes" to your book proposal -- and offer you a contract and a handsome check for the advance.
And there are many other ways building a solid platform can help you achieve more success faster and easier ....
- IF YOU'RE A WRITER, you can make your dreams of moving up from article writing to books come true this year.
- IF YOU'RE A COACH, your platform gives you the credibility you need to stand out from the competition - and attract all the coaching clients you can handle.
- IF YOU'RE A COPYWRITER, having a platform can quickly establish you as the top copywriter in your niche.
- IF YOU'RE A CONSULTANT, a platform can help you attract lucrative consulting contracts and prestigious clients like a magnet - at double or triple the rates you now charge.
- IF YOU'RE A SPEAKER, you can raise your speaking fees and rapidly fill your calendar with speeches for the entire year.
- IF YOU'RE AN INTERNET MARKETER, your platform gives customers a reason they should buy from you instead of your competitors ... and can drive a ton of new visitors to your Web site.
- IF YOU'RE A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, a platform makes you stand-out from the crowd -- and greatly magnifies visibility in your field or market.
- IF YOU'RE STARTING A NEW BUSINESS, a platform can accelerate your progress and increase your chances of success.
- IF YOU'RE A PUBLICITY SEEKER, a platform can make you the "go-to person" reporters call first when looking for quotes or interviews for a story.
In short, having a platform can make your life easier ... remove obstacles in your path to greater success ... and, bottom line, help you make a lot more money -- $10,000 ... $25,000 ... even $50,000 or more ... each and every year.
For instance: years ago, when I wrote and published a book to give me a stronger platform in business-to-business marketing, I gave the book to a high-level manager at a Fortune 500 firm who was looking to hire a direct marketing consultant.
After receiving my book, he called and said, "I like this. You're hired." A few weeks later, I got a retainer check for $66,000.
Yes, a platform can put more cash in your pocket - and give a big boost to your business or career.
So, what are you waiting for?
To order Platform Building for Authors and Information Marketers on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
P.S. Order the Platform Building for Authors and Internet Marketers today and get a FREE 50-page Bonus Report How to Write a Book and Get It Published (list price: $29).
In this clear, concise, step-by-step guide to writing a book and getting it published, you'll discover:
- 5 steps to writing a bulletproof book proposal that's almost impossible for publishers to reject - page 19.
- Where to find a publisher for your first book - page 3.
- 10 ways to find ideas for books that publishers want to buy - page 9.
- You should not send your book manuscript to editors. Here's what they want you to send instead - page 4.
- 8 things you must put in your book proposal. Each increases your odds of publication - page 27.
- What Madison Avenue can teach you about finding a book publisher - page 29.
- 6 ways to make sure your book stays in print longer and sells more copies - page 35.
- How to retain the rights to your books when they go out of print - page 33.
- And much more....
In short, everything you need to come up with a winning book idea - and sell it to a major publisher for a 5-figure advance.
Best of all, How to Write a Book and Get It Published is yours to keep free - my gift to you -- even if you request a refund on Platform Building for Authors.
To order Platform Building for Authors ... and claim your FREE Bonus Report ... just click here now:
Bob Bly is a full-time freelance copywriter specializing in direct marketing. He earns more than $700,000 a year from his writing, and became a self-made multi-millionaire while still in his 30s.
Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of more than 70 books including The Complete Idiot's Guide to Direct Marketing (Alpha), The Ultimate Unauthorized Star Trek Quiz Book (HarperCollins), The "I Hate Kathie Lee Gifford" Book (Kensington), The Science in Science Fiction (BenBella), and, with Bo Dietl, Business Lunchatations (Penguin).
He has published over 100 articles in magazines include Cosmopolitan, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer's Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob's writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He also taught writing at New York University.
Bob has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy.
about Bob Bly
"One of the best copywriters in the business."
--Michael Meanwell, author, "The Wealthy Writer"
"Bob Bly is one of the most successful copywriters in the world. I've used his services and purchased a lot of his materials -- and always profited from both."
--Bob Serling, President, Idea Quotient
"Considered one of the best copywriters in the country."
--David E. Wright, President, International Speakers Network
"There's no better copywriter than Robert W. Bly, the man I call the 'King of Copy.' He can teach you more about the art and science of marketing than anyone I know."
--Richard Dean Starr
"20 years ago, when Bob Bly starting teaching copywriting, the field was deeply shrouded in mystery. Now, thanks to Bob, learning copywriting, though still a tricky proposition, is much easier."
"For over 25 years, Bob Bly has set the gold standard in results-oriented business-to-business writing."
--Roger C. Parker, author, Looking Good in Print
"Perhaps the most famous copywriter of all."
"When it comes to educating his fellow copywriters and marketers, Bob Bly is the master."
"Bob . . . Just got the copy and advertisement you did for my new book . . . It's great! You are good! Great job . . . you have tremendous insights into what excites and what sells!"
--Don Libey, Libey Incorporated
"In my opinion, you are the best copywriter in the software industry."
--Judy MacDonald, Director of Marketing, Direct Response
"I've spoken to a thousand copywriters over the years and Bob Bly is the best. He knows what he's doing."
--Joe Culotta, Natural Medicine Co.
"I am happy to report to you that your piece outproduced the 4 other packages we tested against it. I want to talk to you about another project...."
--Nick Roumi, Pacific Coast Funding
"The original ad insert of 'Wall Street's Loss is Your Gain' continues to kick butt -- pulls 12 to 15 subscriptions a week. Not bad for a $500 investment made 5 months ago."
--Charles Mizrahi, Stealth Stocks
"As a marketing professional, for 17 years I wrote my own promotional material. But I am not a professional copywriter. It wasn't until I took my own advice that I started getting the results I deserved. With Bob Bly, I got what I wanted - in the promised time frame - with re-writes - and the results I wanted. Thanks Bob!"
--Mark Amtower, Amtower & Company
"I found your ad copy compelling, powerful ... even entertaining. You really communicated the 'feel' of the message we are selling. Thanks for such great work, Bob!"
--Ashley Earnhardt Aiken, Thomas Nelson Publishers
"Bob wrote the most ballsy ad in the history of Dynamic Changes and it set sales records this fall. People couldn't stop themselves from responding."
--Richard Scheffren, Dynamic Changes Hypnosis
"Last year you did all the copy on the What Would Jesus Eat brochure. It was wonderful and I believe is one of the reasons that the book continues to do so very well.
--Pamela Clements, Thomas Nelson Publishers
"A special thanks to Bob for doing a superb job and making this work so well. I felt like a brilliant puppet in your hands."
--Michael Masterson, AWAI
"Even though he refuses to admit it, Bob is THE Direct Marketing guru...or, at the very least, he's mine."
--Jill Perri, American Consultants League
"I am thrilled with your package, it is doing great -- will roll out as the control."
--Chris Gast, Intuit
"Great job on the Turnaround Report; it's been a huge success. We've had an incredible product launch, with hundreds of free trials in the first week."
--Marc Stockman, TheStreet.com
"Just to let you know we have been using your 8 ways letter and brochure that you did for us last year with great success. We decided to double our monthly direct mailing. Things are really taking off. I can only attribute that to our increased direct mail program. Thank you for helping us get an effective package together."
--Ray Hardee, Engineered Software, Inc.
"Your e-mail to promote ETR pulled double the response and three times the gross revenue of the control, with a 45% increase in average order size."
--Lisa Bruette, Agora Inc.
"We're very pleased! The piece you wrote has at 43 days resulted in 204 orders and 165% ROI. I have submitted a new mail plan for a rollout for 200,000+ pieces. You'll be getting a royalty payment for this."
--George Rayburn, The Dan Ferris Power Report
"It was a pleasure to work with you. Your stuff just works. You are the best money I've ever spent. Thanks a million!"
--Gail Coopersmith, Coopersmith List Consultants
"Your copy was right on target and played a major role in one of our most successful new product launches."
--Joan Damico, GretagMacbeth
"We're still running both projects you did for us last time. They're still pulling. Great stuff.
--John Leper, Stanford International
"The first four times your half-page, 2-color ad ran in Chemical Engineering, it was the highest inquiry generating ad in the magazine. It even outscored full pages and spreads."
--Bob Berner, Robert K. Berner Associates
"We still are using [the package you did for us]. It still beats all challengers to the control."
--Mark Friedman, Medical Economics
"Potence insert is looking good, currently projected to achieve a 3.64% response with a $60 (three units of purchase) average order."
--Glory Kneass, Drs. Preferred
"The Internet direct mail you wrote for us got an excellent response: 7.55% from a rented list of hard-to-excite prospects."
--Ken Paston, Studebaker-Worthington Leasing Corp.
"Bob, since working with you last fall on the plan to position Unique Truck as a source for all shop equipment, we have cut our catalog mailings 60% with no drop in sales. I look forward to a long relationship."
--Dick Stillwell, President, Unique Truck
"Sizzling stuff... very compelling... top shelf. Thanks for your quick turnaround."
--Patrick Kephart, MasterMedia
"All who reviewed your copy agreed it was terrific. Certainly it's the best DM copy I've ever had to work with, because you've hit the rare combination of good writing and a good knowledge of what you are writing about."
--Lois DeLong, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
"The copy is very good and certainly a fresh improvement on what we've done in the past. Thanks again for your help... the campaign was very successful."
--Scott Thompson, Federal Employees Almanac
"Congratulations. Your Forecasts & Strategies 'Internet Infrastructure' package is a winner... your piece is doing almost twice as good as our 'Y2K Sample Issue' mailing. I am looking forward to working with you again in the future."
--Chris Marett, Phillips Publishing
"Bob Bly, our marketing consultant, helped us produce over 8% response in less than 2 months after we started a marketing campaign. Not only did we get good numbers, we got inquiries from the cream of the crop on our target list. And, we generated about 350% increase in dollar business over the previous year."
--Sheila M. Anderson, President, Commercial Property Services
"The advanced renewal you wrote for Utility Forecaster is doing great! Mailed 4/29... 5.2% response (as of 5/27) and an average sale of $116. Thanks!"
--Lori Bethea, KCI Communications
"Your #10 direct mail package for Sarnoff's Samurai Strategies has beat the pants off the control by more than 3 to 1. Congratulations and keep up the good work!"
--David Yale, M&PA
"The letter is good... approximately 10% responded."
--Stephen S. Flaum, Flaum Consultants
"Here is a contract for four separate direct mail packages. The More Than a Gut Feeling for Sales direct mail package is getting an excellent response-a very big thank you for your help on that project."
--Tiffan Yamen, American Media
"The direct mail package looks great! Thanks!"
--Tammy Ray, Marketing Director, McGraw-Hill Book Clubs
"You sure write powerful copy!"
--Fred Weiss, Studebaker-Worthington Leasing Corp.
--Murray Raphel, Raphel Marketing
--Markus Allen, Publisher
"There is no greater authority on business-to-business direct response copywriting than Bob Bly. What impresses me most about Bob Bly is his knack for making things clear and simple."
"Bob Bly is among the most accomplished self-employed copywriters in recent years."
"Bob Bly is probably the best business-to-business, high tech, industrial, direct marketing copywriter in the country."
"Perhaps the most famous copywriter of them all."
"[A] freelance writing dynamo...."
"One of the great copywriters in the direct marketing industry...."
--Ruth Stevens, author, The DMA Lead Generation Handbook
"...[a] copywriting giant..."
--Freelance Writer's Report
"Bob Bly is a human machine who has been outputting high-grade direct marketing copy for decades. I've read a few of his numerous books and have learned much from this pro."
--Larry Chase, Web Digest For Marketers
"Renowned direct marketing practitioner and prolific author Bob Bly [is] nationally recognized for his control-beating copy. [He] knows how to write for results."
--Kansas City Direct Marketing Association
"Bob Bly is in the upper echelon of direct mail and email copywriters and he's an all-around direct marketing guru. In addition to hundreds of successful campaigns for technology clients, Bly has authored or co-authored more then 50 books."
--Bruce Hadley, softwareceo.com
"Bly is probably one of the world's most famous and experienced copywriters. He is also a noted authority on the creation of online copy and online trends."
--The Compulsive Reader
"Bob Bly is a world-class copywriter."
"I've known Bob for a long time. His stuff is terrific."
--Johne Forde, Copywriter's Roundtable
"Bob Bly [is] a prolific advertising genius."
--Joe Vitale, "Mr. Fire"
"I went to Amazon.com and got a copy of Secrets of a Freelance Writer. Wow! ... I loved it! Packed with info. The book had a 'readability' about it that took away all my fears, put me at ease, and made me feel that I wasn't treading on foreign soil. I kept saying to myself, 'I can do that, I can do that!'"
--Ronald J. Rich
"Your books served as a complete reference when I started my own freelance writing business a year and a half ago. By following the advice you laid out, I quickly reached goals that I had set for year three of my business within the first year. My philosophy is, if you've written it or recommended it, I want to read it."
"I own a copy of The Copywriter's Handbook, which is priceless. Thank you for making this information available to those of us on a shoestring."
--Mary Klaebul, Memphis, TN
"I own Secrets of a Freelance Writer: How to Make $85,000 a Year and The Copywriter's Handbook. Both are great. You did a great job of getting to the nitty gritty. I admire and respect what you have done."
--Derek A. Chilcoat
"FYI, you started me off with your tape series on freelance copywriting, and I'm an avid reader of yours."
--Scott T. Smith, Bozeman, MT
"Having read two of your books, Secrets of a Freelance Writer and The Copywriter's Handbook, I am now taking the leap. If not for the strong encouragement of your books, I might not have jumped. Thanks again for the road map that your books offered."
"I am a great fan and avid reader of your books. When I first started out in this copywriting business nearly ten years ago, your Secrets of a Freelance Writer was my bible (it's so dog-eared, some of the pages are coming apart). You continue to be a great source of inspiration and education."
--John M. Mora, Plainfield, IL
"Thank you for all the books you've written over the years -- I have enjoyed many of them, and profited from what I've learned. I've been reading Become a Recognized Authority in Your Field this past month -- it's helping me really do the things I've always wanted to do."
"I read Write More, Sell More a few years ago and loved it."
"The first time I read your book Secrets of a Freelance Writer I laughed at the fact of picturing myself as a business writer. The second time I read it, I made over $1,000 in a week. I'm laughing for a much better reason now."
"I loved your book The Copywriter's Handbook. It has sincerely helped me in my business and is worth every penny I spent on it!"
--Brian Maquire, Portland, OR
"Had I not discovered your Secrets of a Freelance Writer and The Copywriter's Handbook, I would still be a frustrated, unfulfilled hack. Thank you for saving me from that! I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with the rest of us and allowing us to take a piece of the pie. I already love this new career that I never would have discovered without your guidance. Thanks."